Level: InformativeDates: June 19, 2014Venue: UCI Chemistry DepartmentLocation: UC Irvine | Room NS2 1201 | 1102 Natural Sciences 2 | Irvine, CA, 92697Time: 11 AM - 1 PMFee: $0 with registrationPrerequisites: Familiarity with imaging data is recommendedTopics:
This event is aimed at those interested in visualizing, measuring, and meshing of 3D image data (including CT, MicroCT, MRI, FIB-SEM, etc.) to generate Rapid Prototyping, CAD, FEA & CFD meshes. Live Simpleware software demonstrations on real image data sets will be included.
- Overview of Simpleware's portfolio: ScanIP +FE +CAD & +NURBS modules (Daniel Oskam, Device Analytics)
- Import DICOM files and other 2D stacked image formats
- Techniques to position CAD files in the image data sets
- Introduce efficient segmentation techniques including the use of threshold, masks, etc.
- Directly export to CAD packages and FE solvers
- Demonstrate Simpleware for a variety of applications including material characterization and biological structures
- Wrap-up and Q&A
The seminar is free but pre-registration is required as seats are limited.