Level: InformativeDates: June 25, 2015Venue: Laufer Library, Rapp Engineering Building (RRB 208- C6 on campus map), USCLocation: University of Southern California, 854 Downey Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089Time: 10 AM - NoonFee: $0 with registrationPrerequisites: Familiarity with imaging data is recommendedTopics:
This technical seminar is aimed at those interested in visualizing, measuring and meshing of 3D image data to generate 3D Printing, CAD & Finite Element models for leading solvers.
We will demonstrate the ease of obtaining high fidelity meshes from 3D image data, discuss new features of the latest version, and will show the workflow of processing and meshing image data for a variety of applications.
- Visualize and process data from a wide range of imaging modalities (e.g. CT, MicroCT, MRI)
- Obtain measurements and statistics such as porosity, volume and fracture dimensions
- Calculate effective material properties of scanned samples
- Directly export to CAD packages and FE solvers (e.g. Comsol, Ansys, Abaqus)
- Use Simpleware software for a variety of applications in materials science
The seminar is free but pre-registration is required as seats are limited.