Installing Abaqus 2020 on Windows
The installation process of Abaqus now includes the other SIMULIA products which includes fe-safe, TOSCA & iSight. The following steps will guide through the general process of installing Abaqus 2020 on a Windows system. The standard Abaqus license is networked but this tutorial assumes the license server is installed on the same machine as Abaqus. The general process of installing Abaqus is divided into three parts:
- Install the user documentation but using help.3ds.com is recommended
- Install the license manager (FlexNet or DSLS)
- Install the software services (Abaqus, CAE, iSight, TOSCA and fe-safe)
Download the SIMULIA Extended Media Files
These instructions begin having downloaded the individual packages from the email sent to you by Dassault Systemes with the subject beginning with Media Order – XXXX. The link in the email will direct you to the 3ds.com website and you will need to login with your Passport account. Alternatively, you can log into software.3ds.com and download your media order. For Abaqus 2020, you should see the following files once downloaded to your local hard drive:
Unpack Installation Files
The installation media can be unpacked and extracted with a utility such as 7-zip utility. With the 7-zip utility installed, right-click on each tar file (the order does not matter) and choose the 7-Zip->Extract Here option. Repeat the step for the remaining tar files and you should see the top level directory:
EXTRACTED FILE STRUCTURE:
with sub-directories 1-5
With the software installations files unpacked and assembled in their respective directories, the installation process can now begin.
Enter the AM_SIM_Abaqus_Extend.AllOS followed by the `1` folder. Then right click on setup.exe and Run as Administrator. Once inside the installation installer, ensure the following are selected:
- FLEXnet License Server
- SIMULIA Established Products
- SIMULIA Established Products CAAAPI
The remaining steps and menu options have been omitted as the defaults options are sufficient to complete a standard installation.
FlexNet License Manager or DSLS
There are two options for the license manager: FlexNet and DSLS. The more common license manager is FlexNet which uses the computer MAC for the computer identifier. If you have an installed CATIA base, you may already be familiar with DSLS. Before installing the license manager, find out which license type you have when receiving the license file.
General Comments on Installing Abaqus
Things to keep in mind during the installation process:
- Important to right-click on setup.exe and run as administrator
- Firewalls need to be trained and allow the various executable’s to run.
- If the installation media is on a network drive, it’s recommended to copy the media to the local computer.
- If the installation fails or is interrupted before completion, you may need to delete the SIMULIA folder before attempting the installation again. The installer will not do this automatically.
If you have a different installation scenario which is not covered by this guide and need help, please call us at (760) 635-0047 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.